October 13, 2008

There sure is a lot to be thankful for...

Had our Thanksgiving supper at our place with my girlfriend, her sister and her boyfriend. We had a very satisfying meal, and of course there are some leftovers for lunches this week. It was nice to have a 3 day weekend. I know that I needed another day to get my head back on straight after the last few weeks. I'm still getting used to the students and their abilities in the classroom. I get frustrated when they still don't see me as being a teacher when I don't actually have my own classroom. I recognized this problem a while ago so last week I was trying out a new approach with the students that I work with. I'm going to have to continue what I'm doing for the next week as well to see if it's working any better than before. I just have to be patient I guess and wait for the students to build some trust with me.
This weekend was also good for taking the time to think about all the things I am thankful for. I love and miss all my family back home. I'm thankful that I have my girlfriend here with me that I love very much and couldn't imagine being here without her. I'm thankful that of what we used to have when we lived back in Ontario. Being in this community forces you to realize how easy we do have it back in the urbanized areas of Canada. It can be hard to keep these posts short since I'll step into one thought and it will spark a flurry of others that I feel I should write as well. Maybe another day...

1 comment:

Megan said...

Welcome to the north!